Saturday, July 5, 2014

Break It Down




We are half way through our Summer of San Francisco. It has been a lot of fun, but I haven't taken many pictures. Lot's of walking and biking and fun. It is funny that this is probably the coldest Summer I have ever experienced, but I love it. I am just glad to be here. Our first trip to the beach I found a sand dollar. That is a good sign. I remember looking at my mom's collection of sand dollars on her dresser and thinking they were so cool. And I still think so.

Some things I love about this place. I love that anyone is welcome. You don't have to be a hipster a nerd or anything, everyone is welcome. Certain districts really do have their feel. The Mission, where we are, is a bunch of 20 something hipsters and great GREAT food. It is windy here. I don't remember noticing the wind last time, but it was also pouring rain last time, so that might be why. In the Financial District there are "wind tunnels" from the tall buildings. You walk down the street and when you turn a corner you get blown away. The Farmer's Market is legit. The only one I had to been to before was the Provo one and that one is just like one food stand and the rest are a bunch of pushy people trying to sell their homemade soap. No soap at this market, just food for cheap (subjective) from actual farmers. AND you can choose how much you get, which I LOVE. There is also a nut guy and they are delicious. Any California nut flavored in so many different ways. This market is also in the sketchy part of the city so there are some crazy homeless people. One time Station and I were there for another reason and a homeless guy had a 2x4 block of wood and had hit someone in the head and was ready to hit again as we walked by, but a guy warned us to get out of the way. It is real. I feel really bad. I wish we could help all of them. Life isn't meant to be that hard. Everyone is really nice here. I hear about all the stuff people in big cities, but not here. It has the California vibe with all the city events.

Basically, this is my place. The weather, the food, the community. I feel like this is where I am supposed to be. Too bad this place is too expensive to love.