Sunday, June 1, 2014

You've Got The Music In You



We have moved back in with my parents. Everybody asks how that is and, it is fine. Anytime I move to a new place I have to do some cocooning so it feels like home. Hence the absence. I often find myself nesting in my bed to really get the hang of the new place and, if you must know, I don't shower as well. Kind of a way of really feeling like I own the place. Hence the smell. 

While in my cocooning phase, I have done a lot of thinking, and this thinking brings some good things. For a few years now I have been giving power to things that don't necessarily deserve it. These things have power, but they aren't the most powerful and definitely shouldn't be taken as the end to all humanity. It could be, but it won't because it just isn't that powerful. However, I thought if I didn't recognize and bow to that power that would be the same thing as allowing it to go wild. To give it the go ahead, I guess. 

So I have kept my eye on it.  I gave up a lot of my power to make sure that I didn't lose sight of what was really going on. I wrote about it and cried about it and depressed into it. I became the watchdog of IT. 

And I know I have heard and even said that it isn't that powerful and that there are far more powerful things, but I guess I didn't believe it because I kept being a really great watchdog. 

Then one day some lady said that we shouldn't give it so much power. And I think I finally got it. It does have power, and it always has and probably always will. Regardless of whether or not I watch it. I have very little power over it, but more important and powerful things do. So I am going to watch and work with the more powerful things. I am going to love and give and be happy. Because for a really long time I was too busy to be happy and that gets really sad. 

Now I feel powerful, instead of just watching everything going down, I am moving and stretching my body to put my life in the right direction. I have never felt better. I have energy, and my mind is clearer (it might have to do with going off dairy again...). 

I can see a powerful future because I am focusing on all that I can control. 




**I am aware of the vagueness, but I think this applies to different things to different people and at different times in those people's lives. So I keep it vague so I can come back to it and reapply once I have forgotten again. Because, I will.